Technical Sales RepresentativeJob ID: 994 | Located in GTA (ON), South Western Ontario | Sector: Industrial | Full-time
- Territory: Guelph, Sarnia and Windsor, Southwestern Ontario
- Build, manage and enhance relationships with customers in the assigned territory by Soliciting and securing orders from potential and existing customers
- Consistent customer contact, focused on making face-to-face sales calls
- Providing before and after sales service resulting in total customer satisfaction
- Reinforce the concept of a total solution provider with focus on strategic products
- Liaise with team members and supplier contacts to assist with input on product selection and proposals
- Provide product and system technical support to clients
- Contribute to the development and achievement of the business plan, sales forecasts, and relationship management for key accounts
- Use the CRM database on a daily basis to update progress after sales calls and follow up and update quote status
- Accountability to tracking opportunities
- Develop product, application and industry knowledge
- Share expertise and insight, and provide assistance and support to team members in order to foster positive team dynamics
- Follow up on leads and coordinate with other Technical Reps when applicable
- Keep abreast of industry trends and competitive information.
- Maintain appropriate, timely and consistent self-development
- Manage exposure to deadlines, multiple demands and priorities,
- Post-secondary degree in Engineering or other post-secondary degree or diploma in Engineering Technology or related technical field, preferably Mechanical Engineering.Alternatively, some relevant combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of work related experience in industrial sales, knowledge of fluid handling equipment, pumps or filtration preferable.
- Experience working with consulting engineers and the bidding process.
- Proven ability to be proactive and highly motivated, and to function as a member of a dynamic team.
- Knowledge of Industrial Processes will be asset.
- Outstanding customer service orientation and proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to deal with all levels of customers and their representatives, as well as with staff within the company; speak and write clearly, informatively, persuasively.
- Understanding of fluid handling, and related systems technical knowledge, pumps and filtration systems knowledge a definite asset
- Experienced with the requirements of engineered bids including familiarity with engineering data sheets, document submittals, and specifications
- Overall business and strategic planning knowledge and strong account management skills
- Capacity to function as a cooperative team member
- Analytical thinking to break down simple and complex tasks in order to provide an advanced level of customer satisfaction
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a constantly changing job environment with many interruptions.
- Effective time management and self-initiative, ability to prioritize and organize work
- 75k – 85k Base salary (based on experience)
- Car Allowance ($850.) Monthly + Mileage
- Computer, tablet and cell phone
- Full Benefits
- Pension Plan
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645