Project Specialist : Building Science Engineering (Mississauga/GTA)Job ID: 115 | Located in GTA (ON), Toronto (ON), Mississauga (ON) | Sector: Construction | Full-time
• Assist with preparing bid documents including specifications, scope of work, details and drawings
• Coordinate and assist project manager with building science projects
• Assist in preparing whole building property condition assessments for transactional due diligence following ASTM Standard Guide and financial studies/life cycle costing for capital planning
• Assist in preparing reserve fund studies and performance
• Assist in preparing reserve fund studies and performance audits for condominiums
• Draft reports prior to submitting for project manager review
• Coordinate with other environmental, engineering and architectural disciplines
• Support existing client relationships
• Prepare proposals and maintain project file documentation
• Assist in performing contract administration/construction review tasks;
• Manage competing demands while meeting commitments
• Must show an ability to work within a client oriented and fast-paced environment
• A Degree/Diploma in Civil Engineering or Technology program from accredited university or college
• Registered or eligible for registration as an EIT or associate member of OACETT;
• A minimum of 1 - 3 in the area of Building Science Engineering
• Experience and knowledge of major building systems and building construction
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
• Able to conceptualize in three dimensions
• Familiarity with project management tools and/or software packages
• Possess and maintain a valid passport (preferred)
• Ability to quickly mobilize and travel mainly within Canada but also to U.S.A.
• Above average excellent written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task
• Must be comfortable with ladder accessing roofs (< 10m) working safely at heights.
• Ability to meet tight timelines.
• Valid driver's license and be willing to travel as part of this position.
• Negotiable- Based on experience
• Full Benefits
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645