Junior Project Estimator / Project CoordinatorJob ID: 264 | Located in GTA (ON), Toronto (ON), Markham (ON) | Sector: Construction | Full-time
- Responsible for preparing bids and proposals, completing takeoffs
- Communication with clients, vendors and project managers is required on a daily basis.
- Manage, prepare and/or coordinate the preparation of full cost estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Manage and / or prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete take off of scope of work
- Visit project sites as necessary to access and gather data
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Prepare appropriate tender proposals
- Maintain project and post-mortem record keeping
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction
- Create change orders, estimates, & alternative pricing during projects
- Education- quantity surveyor degree, construction/engineering degree
- Will consider equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
- Must be comfortable with Design/Build Projects and discussing them with the Project Manager and the Client
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project as well as Autocad and Estimating software
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others, have strong interpersonal skills and be self-motivated
- Must be able to work as a team and foster confidence in all
- Enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives are prerequisites
- Possession of valid driver's license.
- Willing to travel occasionally for site visits/tender closings.
- 55k – 65k Base salary (based on experience)
- Full Benefits
- Pension Plan
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645