IT Security SpecialistJob ID: 218 | Located in GTA (ON), Toronto (ON), Mississauga (ON) | Sector: Information Technology | Full-time
- Document, implement, and revise Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines relating to IT Security, in conjunction with both IT staff and Business staff
- Conduct both periodic and ad-hoc internal security vulnerability assessments of IT Infrastructure (network, servers, databases, applications, VoIP)
- Work with internal develops in securing web applications Assess trends and patterns in assessment results.
- Prepare recommendations for proactive measureAnalyze, summarize and present security assessments/audits/reports to Management
- Prepare recommendations, proposals and status of IT Security efforts.
- Work with and provide support to technical staff on mitigation of identified vulnerabilitiesSoftware patch management across (servers, mobile devices, network devices)
- Evaluate and recommend products, services and technologies as they pertain to the current and future security requirements.
- Work with management, technical staff (networks, servers, databases, applications, VoIP) and user groups to analyze and recommend practices that will enhance information security.In conjunction with IT Project Management Team, participate in IT Infrastructure projects to ensure that information security is considered in the earliest stages of projects
- Coordinate with management, technical staff, user groups and external vendors/agencies to ensure that Infrastructure project tasks are completed on time, on budget, with quality and to customer satisfaction
- Report and escalate project issues to IT Infrastructure Manager
- Participate in IT DRP testingWork with external vendors, service providers and agencies on IT security-related services, hardware and/or software projects
- Develop, implement and administer IT Security measures in Business Continuity Program/Disaster Recovery Plan
- Provide administration and management of Palo Alto Firewall, VPN appliances, and Cisco Wireless Controller
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A post-secondary diploma combined with equivalent experience is acceptable.Courses and/or certifications in IT Security, network administration, server administration is desirable.
- Thorough understanding of IT Security principles and practices, with at least 2 years experience in the IT Security field.
- CISSP and CISA certification are mandatory.
- Sound knowledge of network design (CISCO, LAN, WAN)
- Strong analysis, design and project management skills.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of databases and applications
- Good knowledge of IT security products, services, hardware/software and tools
- 75k – 87k Base salary (based on experience)
- Full Benefits
- Pension Plan
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645