Estimator, Waterproofing and RoofingJob ID: 807 | Located in GTA (ON), North York (ON) | Sector: Construction | Full-time
- Completes full quantity take-off of all labour, equipment and materials required to complete the project as per contract specifications to ensure accuracy of pricing for ICI , Highrise and/or Residential Projects
- Responsible for bid preparation on projects, estimates, consistently seek the challenge of a new opportunities.
- Establishing and maintaining an excellent relationship with suppliers and clients is essential
- Completes final cost estimate of a project incorporating all labour, equipment, and material data, pricing documentation, overhead and profit margins, and produces a final tender submission.
- Review the project budget, schedule, and project execution plan and identify any potential risks prior to the project starting and throughout its life cycle
- Prepare an initial risk analysis report, summarizing all identified potential risk items
- Included are related costs, schedule impacts and a suggested mitigation plan inclusive of alternate means and methods to assist in the reduction of the identified risk itemsInvolved in the preparation of estimate cost for commercial & municipal building projects
- Liaising with manufactures and suppliers to ensure that the products meet the demands of the owner and building requirements.
- Estimating in a timely manner to assure prices are provided to clients before specified deadlines.
- Designing with optimum materials for to assure most competitive estimate.
- Project follow ups to assure that customer has received a competitive price.
- Provide alternative assemblies to customer for cost saving option
- Ensuring products are available upon request from the customer
- Negotiation estimated price with the owner
- Pricing any additions or credits given after the project has been awarded
- On site visits and follow upProvide an excellent level of customer service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.), estimating software.
- Minimum 2-4 years experience working in the field of estimating waterproofing/roofing an asset.
- Solid understanding of specifications, construction methods and procedures.
- Knowledge of key principles involved in bid preparation, including quantity take off procedures, sub-trade procurement, pricing and bid closing procedures.
- The candidate should possess strong communication and technical skills
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, require little supervision and have the ability to lead projects
- Must have the ability to read/understand architectural drawings, attend site meetings, organize/set-up materials & workers on project sites.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Must be able to work under tight deadlines and time sensitive work/repair orders
- Post Secondary Education an asset (university degree/college diploma)
- Valid driver's license and willingness to travel
- Base salary 55K to 75K (based on experience)
- BonusCompany pension plan
- Full Benefits
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645