Construction Safety ManagerJob ID: 202 | Located in GTA (ON), Toronto (ON) | Sector: Construction | Full-time
- Construction Safety Manager will head our clients safety program including; safety training classesJob site inspections.
- Knowledge of OHSA and dealing with the MOL.
- Responsible for inspecting job sites on a rotating basis.
- Operate company training school which all employees and subcontractors are required to go through.
- Responsible for supporting all aspects of existing Health and Safety Program
- Deliver company and site specific safety orientations and training as directed
- Perform Occupational Health and Safety inspections/audits at construction projects
- Attend various Joint Health and Safety Committee Meetings,
- Conduct accident/incident investigation and review, complete and file first report of injury and work with management to provide an accident free work environment
- Deliver on site safety support in a construction environment as required
- Various other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Practiced documentation and report writing skills; maintain documentation and inspection records and meeting minutes
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and Construction Regulations
- Implements and improves systems; enforces standards and procedures; minimizes nonconformance of standards
- Computer competency required in Microsoft Office suite programs
- Competently analyzes and prioritizes information to make appropriate recommendations
- Certified Joint Health and Safety Committee Member (Construction Sector)Construction Health and Safety Officer (CHSO)
- Degree, diploma or certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- Background in areas of Construction Occupational Health and Safety - knowledge and/or experience
- Background in Training and/or Education and or experience delivering EHS Training programs to individuals and groups
- 75k – 85k Base salary (based on experience)
- Full Benefits
- Pension Plan
Apply for this job now
Managing Director, Recruitment & Consulting
T: (647) 977-7645